Chicken not acting herself

Do you think the abdomen might be ascites?
I’m going to poke around and feel her belly again today because last night in my searching I came across this too but I didn’t think it seemed full or squishy but I could be wrong. She does have a full bottom rump but she’s always been my big girl! I don’t exactly know what I’m feeling for. She’s only 6 months…the only symptom with ascites that align is not interested in food. I really hope it’s not that because I’ll be heartbroken

I’m going to poke around and feel her belly again today because last night in my searching I came across this too but I didn’t think it seemed full or squishy but I could be wrong. She does have a full bottom rump but she’s always been my big girl! I don’t exactly know what I’m feeling for. She’s only 6 months…the only symptom with ascites that align is not interested in food. I really hope it’s not that because I’ll be heartbroken
I have had that problem. What to look for?

Do you have a hen you can compare her to?

I have had that problem. What to look for?

Do you have a hen you can compare her to?
So I’ve checked and compared. She’s larger than my other hens but she not noticeably squishy or hard compared to them. Today she also laid an egg…now I’m not sure what to think because she’s still acting goofy.

Feel from just below the vent to down in between her legs.
Compare to other birds.
I checked and compared but I can’t tell. She’s not noticeable squishy or hard compared to my other girls. Today she laid an egg for the first time in over a week. She’s still acting off though! Would the water belly be super squishy?

Seeing as she laid an egg yesterday it put me at ease a tiny bit, but don’t think she’s out of the woods yet. Thank you to all you guys that posted/replied- I’ll be keeping an eye out for everything we talked about!

Back
Top Bottom