chicken not eating,not pooping,just stands. woke up to this. Help

Quote:
Egg yolk is the nutrition a growing chick in the egg absorbs for nutrition. Think of it as mother's milk.

Chickens benefit a lot from eating eggs, since the nutrition is so easily absorbed.

Whether or not you feed them chicken, i think, is more a matter of how you think about it than how it will affect them physically. Lots of people feed their chickens leftover chicken. Other people can't stomach the idea, and that's fine.

GOOD NEWS!! Ruby is doing better. over night she passed her egg. her comb is still light in color and looks depleted but i think its from eating more of the scratch then the lay. she isn't getting the scratch for a while. I'm feeding her left over blackeye peas and ham and a slice of cotto salami some lettus and keeping her in my utelity room where its nice and warm this morning. I'll let her out this afternoon. another successful backyard chicken forum. thanks!!

Quote:
Glad to hear she's doing better!

Hey why don't you just make her a sandwhich, soup and a nice big cup of coffee!
lol.png

...JP

Quote:
Be careful with the ham and salami. They are both very salty and too much salt can kill chickens. Protein is good, but something that hasn't been salted would be safer.

I'm glad to hear she's feeling better though. I feed my chickens any eggs that are too gross to eat (ie I find the egg covered in poop). I mash the egg and shell together, microwave it, and let it cool. They love it!

Back
Top Bottom