Chicken not eating or drinking day 2

jomary2013

Songster
8 Years
Jun 12, 2015
I noticed that my chicken has been sleeping most of the day since yesterday. I take her food out and she doesn’t come and eat. Yesterday she did lay an egg. In the morning she usually runs to drink and eat and today she sitting underneath a tree and I moved the food and water close to her and she just moved to a different spot. What can I do? I’m worried she might die. There’s also no vets that treat chickens close by.

How old is she, and does she normally lay eggs on a regular basis? Have you seen any broken, thin-shelled or shell-less eggs recently? Is her tail position up or down? What does her poop look like, and pictures are welcome? How does her crop feel—empty, full, soft and puffy, doughy, or firm? Can you offer some scrambled egg and water? Moistened chicken feed also would be good to offer.

How old is she, and does she normally lay eggs on a regular basis? Have you seen any broken, thin-shelled or shell-less eggs recently? Is her tail position up or down? What does her poop look like, and pictures are welcome? How does her crop feel—empty, full, soft and puffy, doughy, or firm? Can you offer some scrambled egg and water? Moistened chicken feed also would be good to offer.
This is all she pooped last night. Her eggs still seem to be good, like how she normally lays them. Her crop feels like she has some food, awhile ago I tried giving her her food and water and she still won’t eat it but she did eat 5 pieces of tomato I had cut. I’ll try and give her scrambled eggs right now

Attachments

• IMG_9972.jpeg
    IMG_9972.jpeg
    603.2 KB · Views: 4
*she’s two years old

Back
Top Bottom