Chicken not interested in pellets help!

View attachment 2943593
Update 2: This is my coop set up. I have 4 bowls the two smallest bowls are mush. In the middle there is pellets around the small dog bowl of mush. And the one on the left is mush as well. Not seeds or treats. I think that started as a trend for a few like tiny but not as bad. The mush is a huge hit it is like the eggs to them. They go crazy. I also have a big heated dog water bowl that’s always plugged in. I change it once a day. My chicken tiny ate a couple tablespoons of mush for me. I also think she could be molting or going through a lighter one. She is not in this picture but she’s starting to get patchy and when she shakes a few feathers fall out. Other than that I’ve been keeping them all warm and on higher protein feed. They do great on that. It’s an all flock feed so it has all the layer feed qualities just more protein. If I give then just layer feed I only get 2-4 eggs a day. Where the high protein I get 5-7 eggs a day out of 9 hens. I love all my little ladies. 🥰 (They really aren’t that little anymore)

You will have much less waste if you have the dry pellets in hanging feeders at the level of the hens' backs.

Bowls of wet mash can be put up on bricks or blocks. You can also make a stand with a rim for securing the bowls so that they don't get knocked off.

Update 3: I made the mush and set it out for everyone in the coop. Tiny came down but then went back up. So I grabbed her and to the garage we went. I mixed another big bowl and she picked she ate a little. Then I checked her crop. She had almost a golf ball of pellets in her crop!! She must of jumped down last night and ate because I fed her at 6. And that was only mush not pellets.

Back
Top Bottom