chicken not walking not eating on her own please help!!!!!!!

chickenman from downunder

Hatching
11 Years
Jan 6, 2009
OZ
Hello All , I've got a problem with one of my girls , I've read alot here but can't seem to put a finger on it .The symptoms
are lethargic, pale comb, not eating, not drinking ,swollen neck like something is stuck, fluctuating temp slivery inside beak,
not walking just stands or sits. Has been like this for 5-6 days , Thought early on may be egg bound. Took her to the vet, but no help, stuck needle in to see what comes out, nothing.
I've been hand feeding her and been giving her water by drip from day 1 . Her breathing is normal. the vet said she's not in pain, other wise she looks like a normal healthy chicken.
Has anyone out there relate to these symptoms or maybe give me some advice, any thing would be a great help.
thanks Chickenman

Hey Rooster red thanks for the reply, no mate the vet didn't do that test , the vets downunder
don't seem not to no much about our feathered friends, there classed as exotic animals.
In the mean time i'm still hand feeding and watering until to find a bird vet to give me some answers. Hence the reason for my post, just looking for any help..... Anything
thanks
Chickenman

Do a search on this website using the word crop. Maybe she does have something stuck in it. There are plenty of forums that cover this problem for you to look through while you are waiting for someone with better knowledge to answer. Sorry, I hope she makes it.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom