Chicken Orientated Scholarships Available?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by crait, Oct 14, 2009.

1. crait

crait Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2008
    Dallas, Texas
    Hi! I'm going through things to get into college and my English teacher is helping me. She said a good way to get financial help is by looking at what kinds of hobbies you're into. There's some out there if you play lacrosse or if you ride horses. Are there any for chicken raising or what I like to call "Chicken Herding." Lol.
    No, really though, I love my chickens and that would be awesome if there were some for raising them. I'm sure there's a crazy chicken person like us with a lot of money willing to help out other crazy chicken people. I'm not in FFA or 4-H because they don't offer those at my school because we're pretty urban. I don't show chickens, either.
    The only thing I can find online remotely close to what I'm looking for is the KFC Chicken Scholarship. It's just a scholarship given away by KFC. Nothing special.
    'Anyone got anything?'

2. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

I googled Avian Scholarships and Poultry Scholarships. There are a few out there but are school specific. For example, MSU offers a 1500.00 scholarship to someone pursueing (spelling) an avian or poultry related career.

Have you decided on a career path and a general geographic location for where you plan to attend college?

3. crait

crait Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2008
    Dallas, Texas
    Well, if I want to go into poultry, then I'd want to go to A&M because I heard the have one of the best. I'm leaning more towards becoming a programmer and would go to SMU. They both are in Northern Texas.
    P.S. I didn't think of Googling avian scholarships. Thanks. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by