Chicken picking

Newbie__123

Chirping
Feb 13, 2022
I have 1 chicken that has been being picked at the rest of the flock has a little picking but not as severe as my bcm her whole neck pretty much has no fearhers. All summer shes been going on and off being broody and theis last month shes really hunkered down in the nesting boxes evwn pulled all her belly feathers out. Anywat with in the last 2 weeks one of the other chickens has gone after her im assuming and now with no neck feathers im not sure what i should do. Its also worth noting she hasnt layed in the last 3-4 days. do i take her out and let her heal for a little bit and if so how long ? Should i switch her food to a higher protein so she can grow back her feathers? Or do i try and take out the bully chicken i believe i know which ones they are because their the ones i keep seeing picking or charging some of the other chickens. So i need to rehome or humnely get rid of the bully chickens? Any advice is appreciated. My bcm is my favorite most friendliest chicken and i will do anything for her.

Back
Top Bottom