Chicken playground equipment?

Suggestion for the tire... Drill some holes in the bottom to prevent water from collecting and providing a mosquito nursery.

Chickens love variety and toys like these are great, especially if the birds are confined.

Yep, I had hubby drill several holes in the bottom edge of the tire. Having horses, I'm very aware (and afraid) of all the mosquito-borne illnesses! Darn mosquitos anyway!

I let my chickens free range during the day. They get to go in the woods where there is stumps, fallen trees and such. But yesterday I was out in the yard and I got to looking for my chickens. I found them on the side of the house under some hedges scratching in the leaves, except for one. Thelma was missing. I finally spotted her sitting in the middle of my central unit. I thought to myself thats a strange place to sit, and so did Thelma when my central unit kicked in. The fan started turning and blowing air straight up and all I saw was feathers and this black chicken trying to get off as fast as she could. It was a funny sight to see. She was sure ruffled but not hurt.

Um, O.K. my chickens want to come live with you! I'm pretty sure they think they're neglected. I've never even thought about them needing toys.

Back
Top Bottom