Chicken poop with yolk

Sorry about your pullet. It looks like some yellow in the poop which looks a bit like egg matter. How is she acting, and is she eating and drinking? Is her tail held down or is she holding it up? I would observe her for the next day, perhaps in a dog crate with food and water, on a puppy pad to see what her next dropping look like. She might be showing signs of a reproductive disorder or liver problem. More poop pictures are welcome.

I don’t remember if you said, but you need to give your girls calcium on the side. Most folks offer free choice oyster shells. I don’t think Ca deficiency probably has anything to do with the current irregularities (especially since she’s only laid the one normal egg), but it helps strengthen egg shells and protects hens from deficiency.

I don’t remember if you said, but you need to give your girls calcium on the side. Most folks offer free choice oyster shells. I don’t think Ca deficiency probably has anything to do with the current irregularities (especially since she’s only laid the one normal egg), but it helps strengthen egg shells and protects hens from deficiency.

Thanks cindyinsd...I have oyster shells available, so far both of my pullets haven’t shown Any interest! They also show no interest in any of the commercial layer feeds I have invested in.. both crumbles and pellets. Every now and then I soak pellets in milk and offer some in my hand..they eat it then! They free range all day. I don’t watch them all day so they could be eating a bit of these feeds while i’m Not looking.

Thanks cindyinsd...I have oyster shells available, so far both of my pullets haven’t shown Any interest! They also show no interest in any of the commercial layer feeds I have invested in.. both crumbles and pellets. Every now and then I soak pellets in milk and offer some in my hand..they eat it then! They free range all day. I don’t watch them all day so they could be eating a bit of these feeds while i’m Not looking.
Sounds like they’re just great foragers and don’t need a lot from you. Lucky girl! Less money spent; better-nourished hens. :celebrate

What brands of feed have you tried? They can eat a layer feed or even Flock Raiser with less calcium and more protein, but the crushed oyster shell needs to be available for free feeding. I place it in two small places around food and water. I have tried some feeds that my chickens will not eat, so maybe it is the brand they don’t like. If they like it with liquid, mix a little in a bowl once a day. I add a spoonful of plain greek yogurt into the water food to make it more interesting and asd probiotics.

What brands of feed have you tried? They can eat a layer feed or even Flock Raiser with less calcium and more protein, but the crushed oyster shell needs to be available for free feeding. I place it in two small places around food and water. I have tried some feeds that my chickens will not eat, so maybe it is the brand they don’t like. If they like it with liquid, mix a little in a bowl once a day. I add a spoonful of plain greek yogurt into the water food to make it more interesting and asd probiotics.

Back
Top Bottom