Chicken Raisers in West & S. West

Gatekeeper

Songster
11 Years
Apr 24, 2008
Louisiana
I have a question and I am being serious. How well do eggs develop in the region where the temperature at night stays over 100 degrees and 112 during the day? If the temp stays over 100 degrees how do any eggs develop??

Curious Mind Wants To Know
Gate

Come on folks isnt there one person that lives in the Swest or West that can tell me about the high temperatures and hatching chicken eggs??

Dumbfounded,
Gate

Last edited:
If you're talking about a hen sitting on the eggs, I don't know how the hens compensate but they hatch out just fine. If you're talking about using an incubator, they would be in the house, so your incubator would be set up with the internal temp. of your house. In an incubator, they need to be in a room that stays the same temp. This allows the incubator to stay the right temp. and not flucuate so much. I hope this helps you out, I live in southern NM.

I don't know the hows and what's of it, but I do know a friend of mine that lived outside of Barstow Ca in the Mojave had hens hatching eggs all the time in spring and summer. That I know of, she did not have an incubator.

Back
Top Bottom