Chicken raspy panting

Chikenlover3728

In the Brooder
Jun 11, 2022
hello everyone I live in Houston Texas where it’s hot really hot and I’m trying to do everything I can to keep my chickens safe putting rooster booster vitamins and electrolytes with fresh cold water. They have a ventilated coop, what I can do is limited since I am with my parents still a minor. It’s like over 100 degrees and at night it’s like 80 degrees. Pretty much every hen i have is panting and this one welsummers panting sounds raspy SOMETIMES at time it’s panting but you can hear her breathing. No nasal discharge no bubbles in eyes, clear throat. Got worried so I took her inside to my room since it’s the warmest out of all the rooms since I don’t wanna expose her to the fans and ac too much, and she stopped panting, no loud breathing, no raspy mess, voice sounds clear and she’s walking around as if nothing is wrong what can I do?

It may just be that the heat is bothering her more than the others. I'd just monitor her - does not really sound like an infectious entity. Good luck.

It may just be that the heat is bothering her more than the others. I'd just monitor her - does not really sound like an infectious entity. Good luck.
Yeah her breathing has always been louder than the others when she pants way before this like months but it didn’t sound raspy. But like before no sneezes, no mucous, no discharge and clean eyes and she still lays

Back
Top Bottom