Chicken REMINDER

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by cheeptrick, Sep 19, 2007.

1. cheeptrick

cheeptrick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2007
    New Hampshire
    I put my chickens down for the night at 7:00PM every evening. Well, for the last 3 nights I've one chicken (who isn't one that is very friendly) come to my back french doors pecking/knocking on the door. Why...the first evening she was knocking on the front door...I really thought someone was there! Opened up the door and there was a chicken. [​IMG]
    Well...tonight just like the last 3 nights she's come to the door pecking at me. I walk with her back to the coop and watch her jump up on the roost.
    IS this normal? Or is she waiting for me to PUT her to bed like my kids? Maybe I should bring a sippy cup and read to them too? NAW...the kids might get jealous! [​IMG]

2. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Awww, well....when you tuck her in at night...just tell her what I tell my Grandson when he sleeps over....( and my chickens, but I wont admit it to the public LOL) Angels on your pillows, and always in your dreams!

3. cheeptrick

cheeptrick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2007
    New Hampshire
    Quote:That's really sweet!!
    I always say...SWEET Dreams Jellybeans! [​IMG]

4. mdbucks

mdbucks Cooped Up

Jul 14, 2007
    EXIT 109 on 95
    I always say "Turn off the darn light you were spose to be ASLEEP an hour ago when I say go to bed that is what i mean not go to bed and read!

your kids must be young, give it a while you'll understand.

5. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

Everyone gets the same thing...
    "Good night, sleep tight, don't let the scaley leg mites bite."
    Even the fish.[​IMG]

6. Scrambled Egg

Scrambled Egg Flock Mistress

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    I love this story!! The little chicken pecking on the door at bedtime is just too cute!!! [​IMG]

7. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    Quote:Mine are 13 and 16, I COMPLETELY UNDERSTAND!

8. allig8r

allig8r Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:I had to make my husband read this thread after reading this post. He nearly wet himself (as did I).

Our last foster placement were 8 & 11yo sisters... but I'm the oldest of 5 kids (the youngest is 17) and I teach high school. I totally get it. [​IMG]

9. cheapcheap_jeepjeep

cheapcheap_jeepjeep Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2007
    Villa Grove
    Quote:I say the same thing. it drives me nuts

10. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Quote:Oh, I get that!! But our kids are grown now, and have kids of thier own...so when the grandson stays the night...its sweet...loveing...spoiled rotten...then send em home!!!! HAHAH!!! I LOVE being a grandma.....and still young too! Woohoo!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by