Chicken run away from home?

thanks for all the responses.. the other night, it was raining hard. i hadn't seen Puppy in days and i got a funny feeling.. like i had to check outside for her.. and there she was, just standing in the rain.. she doesn't even know enough to get under the coop for shelter.. i went outside, she came running to me.. i swaddled her up and towel dried her off some.. than put her in the coop.. her crop was empty, so i stayed out there with her with a light so she could eat and drink.. i adore my big goofy Puppy girl.. she is back to being part of the flock and back to her goofy ways.. following on my heals like a Puppy.. perhaps she was sitting on some eggs somewhere.. i am just glad she is home..

thanks everyone..
IMG_9418.JPG

I have a silky who is EXACTLY like that. Something just isn't quite right up top. She's a loaner. Never laid an egg. Usually I have to pick her up at night and put her on the roost. If I call her name she comes running because she knows it's time for me to put her in her house. She has spent many of nights nested somewhere else and we could never find her and she would always show up in the morning. They are special :) they just need extra lovin :thumbsup

this is interesting.. i know my Puppy is "special".. ha.. but i adore her.. she just has such a simple way about her.. and every night when i go out to shut up the coop, she will come running out of the coop to meet me.. doesn't matter how dark it is.. she comes running and walks me to the coop.. she's not broken, just a little bent.. haha
i would love to see your special Silkie.. :)

thanks for all the responses.. the other night, it was raining hard. i hadn't seen Puppy in days and i got a funny feeling.. like i had to check outside for her.. and there she was, just standing in the rain.. she doesn't even know enough to get under the coop for shelter.. i went outside, she came running to me.. i swaddled her up and towel dried her off some.. than put her in the coop.. her crop was empty, so i stayed out there with her with a light so she could eat and drink.. i adore my big goofy Puppy girl.. she is back to being part of the flock and back to her goofy ways.. following on my heals like a Puppy.. perhaps she was sitting on some eggs somewhere.. i am just glad she is home..

thanks everyone..
View attachment 1036708
Glad shes home.hope she wont runaway again.

Back
Top Bottom