Chicken run

annasophiabee

In the Brooder
Jul 12, 2019
New Hampshire
I am building a chicken run with a 6x6 wood base and 4x4 posts every 8 ft. How do I tie the vertical 4x4 to the horizontal 6x6 bottom plate? I used metal anchor plates but the 4x4s are wiggly and not stable at all. HELP!

That requires cross bracing.
You can either connect them at top to top or angled from the base to the top of each.
However, that will only stop wobbling along the straight line. They'll still wobble side to side (toward and away from the other side of the run. To prevent that, you'll need diagonal cross bracing from one wall to the other. If you just go straight across, the walls will still wobble, just in unison.

That requires cross bracing.
You can either connect them at top to top or angled from the base to the top of each.
However, that will only stop wobbling along the straight line. They'll still wobble side to side (toward and away from the other side of the run. To prevent that, you'll need diagonal cross bracing from one wall to the other. If you just go straight across, the walls will still wobble, just in unison.

There are lots of ways to do it that will be better than stand alone vertical posts.
https://lmgtfy.com/?q=cross+bracing+for+deck+posts

Back
Top Bottom