chicken run

I need to invest in a chicken run for a coop I just renovated. Not sure which way to go this time, metal vs wood. would love to hear some pros and cons.
What do you have now?
Pics would help here, also knowing......
Where in this world are you located?
Climate, and time of year, is almost always a factor.
Please add your general geographical location to your profile.
It's easy to do, and then it's always there!
1635418853908.png

I did rolled asphalt roofing....
  • super easy
  • super fast
  • I was familar with rolled roofing installation
  • I was not experienced in other metal or other panel type roofing materials
  • my house has asphalt shingles
  • not sure how the price compared. I probaly spent more because I had to buy a 100ft roll of the rolled roofing and had a bunch left over. Where as if I had purchased panels or even asphalt shingles I would have had less left over.
1635422522561.png

1635422554938.png

Depends on what you can find and afford...we went with wood construction this Spring/Summer but only because my mother and step father were ripping down buildings on their property to make room for one (very large) building instead. So, I got most of the materials for free! We still managed to spend about $200 on wood for specific pieces that we needed (extra 4x4 and some straighter pieces so we didn't have to futz too much). But, overall, it was well worth the time and effort to repurpose the old stuff...it saved us about $2500!

I did rolled asphalt roofing....
  • super easy
  • super fast
  • I was familiar with rolled roofing installation
  • I was not experienced in other metal or other panel type roofing materials
  • my house has asphalt shingles
  • not sure how the price compared. I probably spent more because I had to buy a 100ft roll of the rolled roofing and had a bunch left over. Where as if I had purchased panels or even asphalt shingles I would have had less left over.
CORRECTION: it was a 100sq ft roll... which was about double what i needed... Now that I am doing the math I suspect that I would do it differently if I had it to do again. Metal or other types of panels would have let me save money on the osb that I put down as well.. even more savings.

Back
Top Bottom