chicken run

kingsdaughter

In the Brooder
12 Years
Mar 2, 2007
California
I would like to build a run that is six feet high. In some photos I see vertical posts and a top rail, in others I see both vertical and about the halfway point there is a horizontial bar and then the top rail. Is the extra horizantial bar needed?
hmm.png

if you want to build a 6ft fence your post will need tobe 9ft tall wood post.put in the ground 2.5 to 3ft deep.space the post 8ft apart.an you can put you a wood toprail on if you want.so you can steeple the wire to toprail an post.an put a 2 by 4 running from post to post.to make pen stronger.itll be costly though.

I didnt put my posts in the ground for my chicken run which is 6 feet tall and 8 feet long and 4 feet wide. I have 3 posts going aross(from the ground to the roof) the length of the chicken run on each side and 2 by 4s going across the other way(one on top by the roof, one in the middle and one by the ground) on each side.

Last edited:
So chickenmommy,

Do you mean that you just made a box type frame that rests on the ground with supports in the middle? How do you keep it from blowing away in all those Texas storms?

Back
Top Bottom