Chicken Saddle After Dog Attack?

BigECart

Songster
Jul 3, 2020
Gulf Coast, Mississippi
Yesterday, my Andalusian decided that the dog yard was the perfect spot to lay her egg. Luckily I was home and investigated the strange noise I heard and was able to rescue her. We have her in the house and are applying Vetericyn 3x per day. We didn’t see any other injuries.

So, looking forward to integrating her with her flock. I’m thinking that maybe starting this weekend I can put her in a wire cage near her flock mates for an hour or two every day. Once her skin is healed, can we use a hen saddle and integrate her back with the flock until her feathers grow back in? Sounds like they might not grow back until her next molt.

Attachments

• CED7BB29-C3F9-4B5D-A8F8-2C81E59F8074.jpeg
    CED7BB29-C3F9-4B5D-A8F8-2C81E59F8074.jpeg
    591.7 KB · Views: 7
Yesterday, my Andalusian decided that the dog yard was the perfect spot to lay her egg. Luckily I was home and investigated the strange noise I heard and was able to rescue her. We have her in the house and are applying Vetericyn 3x per day. We didn’t see any other injuries.

So, looking forward to integrating her with her flock. I’m thinking that maybe starting this weekend I can put her in a wire cage near her flock mates for an hour or two every day. Once her skin is healed, can we use a hen saddle and integrate her back with the flock until her feathers grow back in? Sounds like they might not grow back until her next molt.
I think that you could use a hen saddle. You will just have to make sure it doesn’t slip or come off

Back
Top Bottom