Chicken SCratch poultry?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by kathydoolittle, Feb 1, 2011.

1. kathydoolittle

kathydoolittle Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 14, 2009
    Pittsburg KS
    Has anyone ever ordered from Chicken Scratch Poultry? If so could you please tell me about your experience with them. THANKS

2. draye

draye Overrun With Chickens

Nov 30, 2010
    Arkansas
    NEver heard of them, gotta link for them?

3. Desert Rooster

Desert Rooster El Gallo Del Desierto

Sep 4, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca
    Quote:2x [​IMG]

4. breezes_banties_n_bratts

breezes_banties_n_bratts Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2011
    north west ohio
    shipping seems kinda high

5. DFCottage

DFCottage Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2008
    Montpelier, Virginia
    I hatched out some Ameraucanas and marans from them about 3 weeks ago. They are very nice people to deal with. I had 15 eggs shipped, 9 hatched (I incubate/hatch in a Brinsea). I ended up with 2 blue and 1 black Ameraucanas out of 5 eggs shipped, 3 black copper marans and 3 blue copper marans out of 10 marans eggs shipped. One of the blue marans was born with a leg it couldn't use.. I gave it a few days but it was apparent it wouldn't thrive. I have another blue that I am now noticing a strange issue: there is NO tail to speak of on this chick. However, there are feathers starting to grow out below it's vent that are growing up towards the vent!! I am going to wait and see what happens with this, but it seems like an early recipe for a big problem. 2 of the 3 black marans have very heavily feathered legs, but they both also have mid toe feathering, a fault. That said I'm not a show breeder, I just want to enjoy some nice dark eggs. For the nice line they claim these birds are from I was a bit surprised. But the birds I have are active and growing like weeds, can't wait to get some nice eggs from them down the line.

6. suzeqf

suzeqf Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2011
    I actually went to their place last weekend and picked up my chicks and they were very nice and she added 3 packing peanuts of my daughters choice and all of them are super healthy

7. WestKnollAmy

WestKnollAmy The Crazy Chicken Lady Premium Member

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    There prices for chicks are high. If I were spending that much I would go to a breeder.

8. NinasHideawayFarm

NinasHideawayFarm Out Of The Brooder

Apr 16, 2011
    Beaverdam
    Quote:EGGSXACTLY my thought![​IMG]

9. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    I have 16 eggs in the bator right now from them, blrw and welsummers. I was looking for laying stock, not show birds.

Price didn't seem unreliable to me, the eggs I got were well-packaged and shipped according to my request. They have good fertility for shipped eggs. I would like to think that prices for eggs would be enough to encourage more people to breed and sell chickens, which would be good for both chickens and fanciers.

(maybe I should say good-quality chickens)

Last edited: Apr 17, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by