Chicken seeker in SW MICH.

LJL7mom

Hatching
6 Years
Sep 24, 2013
Hello, We are a family from southwest michigan residing in a rural area with several acres. I, as the domestic engineer, have wanted to venture into our own chickens. I plan to study this sites information, ask questions, and determine what chickens would be the best for our family.
jumpy.gif

Welcome to BYC
frow.gif
Glad you joined us! The
Learning Center Would be a good place to start. There is actually a good article there, under Getting Started Raising Chickens, on choosing the right chicken breed. And then there is the Breeds section, with more info and member's reviews on the different breeds. Enjoy your chicken adventures!

welcome-byc.gif

Glad you joined us! Explore away - Check out the Breeds tab. People love different types of Chickens - I think Buff orps are lovely and snuggly. Other people have other favorites. Learn and ask questions.

Caroline Jacksonville

Hi Auburn,
I see you are in West Michigan as well. What chickens have you found to do best in our climate. We are looking mainly for good hens for egg production...not flighty. I am thinking we will start with 4-5 this Spring. So, my research and education begins now.

Last edited:
Hi and welcome to BYC from northern Michigan
big_smile.png

Hope you stop by the Michigan thread and say hi - there are quite a few peeps in your area. Look in the Where am I - Where are you section of the Forum.

welcome-byc.gif
Buff orps are beautiful birds. I know orps come in some snazzy colors also , like lavender and chocolate don't know if they lay as well etc. There are also bantam sized orps.

Back
Top Bottom