Chicken seizure?Update:Same happened to a different hen,contagious?

Ondra's Seramas :

Des Moines Veterinary Clinic is the cheapest bird vet(or ANY kind of vet) I could find, and they really know their stuff, but the cost still adds up to $228.42. I have to pay for it out of my pocket. Everyone is giving me a hard time because I spent that much money on a chicken.

If you wish, explain that you spent that much on your flock, which is less than $3 each if you have 100 chickens. Even if you only count the 11 you will be actively treating, that is less than $23 each. And then make sure to ask how much their last vet bill was for their dog or cat.​

Quote:
If you wish, explain that you spent that much on your flock, which is less than $3 each if you have 100 chickens. Even if you only count the 11 you will be actively treating, that is less than $23 each. And then make sure to ask how much their last vet bill was for their dog or cat.

I will be sure to mention that.

I have never understood the mentality its just a chicken. Just because you didn't spend a lot to buy it doesn't mean you love or appreciate them any less then another type of animal especially if you think of them as pets. If you can afford it and it makes you happy take them to a vet.

Please help! I have a chick about 8 weeks old or so that just had a seizure. She just fell down and started flopping around. She was completely limp and lethargic but is starting to come around and drank a little water but now is asleep and limp. Her right ear is red and swollen and bled a tiny bit. Any ideasz??

Back
Top Bottom