Chicken shenanigans & Coffee needing momma!

volva

In the Brooder
Sep 21, 2023
Hi y’all! My name is Caitlin but I go online as völva (my religions magic women), it is a pleasure to meet y’all!

I have been a chicken momma for awhile now and whenever I would have a question or a curious thought about something, I’d look it up on the web and 9 times outta 10 this site would pop up! So I learned a lot from y’all until I decided, ya know what? JUST JOIN IT ALREADY! 🤣

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

I am not new but I’m not old, I’d say I’m middle of the line at being the park ranger/handler of these velociraptors.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

I’m at 37 now but this weekend I’m taking in 3 old English bantams who were in a tragic situation and 6 Easter eggers.

(Psst…and 7 ducks)

(3) What breeds do you have?

*deep breath* Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado- lol

Barred Rock
Olde English Bantam
Black Sex Link
Black Astralorp
Buff Orpington
Golden Laced Sebright
Golden Laced Wyandotte
Olive Egger

(Psst…6 Khaki Cambells and 1 Roen)

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

I love being these little guys favorite person in the whole world. Seeing their happy little waddle/runs to greet me fills my heart up. Knowing I’m a beloved human to them, enough to where they want to hang with me is amazing.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

I’m a homesteader. I like canning, preserving, quilting, cooking/baking, cross-stitching, gardening. You name it.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

My husband is in sales and I am lucky enough to be a SAHM. We have two kids and adding more soon. We have 8 cats (barn and indoor) and 2 dogs. We’re going to be adding cattle, horses, sheep, goats and pigs to our farm as well.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

see entry post

Back
Top Bottom