chicken sighting

ocpoolguy

Songster
10 Years
Mar 4, 2011
Orange County CA
Check this out As crazy as it may seem to us living in the suburbs... my wife has been working on me for chickens in the back yard. I am a pool guy. I pull up to a house not far from my own and what do I find, not in the back yard but in the fromt yard A chicken!!! she was a small girl verry frendly she would let me touch her, i needed to move slow seh was a bit chicken LOL. she must have gotten out on a back yard I presume.

I think there are many folks who would have chickens but there is a lot of ignorance out there that we as chickens owners need to address. The most important that there need not be a rooster in the house. Just don't tell my wife or I may need to find a new home.
gig.gif

Take care and I hope you build a nice coop.

Rancher

I too am stuck in suburbia, and have found a chicken in the street in my subrubian neighborhood. I found that Jessica the chicken was a cherish pet of one of my neighbors. So my advice is put up a flyer for a found chicken, and then head out to the feed store and get yourself at least 6 chicks to make for the loss of the chicken's affection.
gig.gif

PS I am a confessed enabler of chicken keeping.

Back
Top Bottom