chicken skin turned blue at head and other parts of chicken

is there anything i can do about bullying..

Do you have bullying or pecking order problems? Bullying is removing feathers and drawing blood. Pecking order is just taps on the head or back making the less bird move back.

How big is the box you are keeping them in? Lack of enough space could be the issue. But the main worry right now is lack of food.

due to covid havent even gotten them vaccinated
There are only a few vaccines for chickens, and they usually have to be given right after the chicks hatch. So not having them vaccinated is not a big deal--that's how most chickens are raised, and they do just fine.

but recently there skin turned to blue at head
Some chickens do have naturally blue skin.

On some chickens with light skin but dark feathers, the skin can look a bit blue when the feathers are just starting to grow.

And of course the dye could have changed the skin color, too.

I cannot tell whether any of these applies to your chickens, or whether they have an actual problem, so I would just go by whether they seem otherwise healthy.

some times they gasp (liking kissing some one :p i dont know how to describe)
Sometimes chickens spread their wings, open their beaks, and breathe extra fast when they are hot. I cannot tell if this is what you are describing or not.

they are active
That is good!

and have small injuries when i found them
Have the injuries healed? Small injuries on chickens usually heal just fine, but of course not always.

i found them as babies and its been almost 2 months now i have no brooder for them as of now am keeping them in a cardboad box
Then the cardboard box is your brooder. A brooder is just a place to raise chicks-- safe, and the right temperature. At first, baby chicks need about 95 degree fahrenheit (35 degrees celsius). Most people have to use a heat source to keep chicks warm enough, but in some climates the air temperature is so warm the chicks do fine. As the chicks get older and bigger, and grow more feathers, they can do fine at lower temperatures.

You can often tell if the temperature is right by watching the chicks: cold chicks will tend to huddle together and peep, comfortable chicks are happy, hot chicks spread their wings and pant.

It looks like your chicks have feathers on most of their bodies, and you say you have had them for almost 2 months, so I am guessing they do not need any extra heat at this age. But of course I could be wrong.

for food water and food grains and rice cooked with pulses cooked and fruits and vegetables specially they like spinach and water melon oats when cooked in milk with sugar

Are you able to buy chick starter? It is usually the easiest way to be sure chicks have all the right nutrients.

What you are feeding sounds like a good start, although I would leave out the sugar, but I cannot tell if it has enough protein and all the right vitamins and minerals-- designing a balanced chicken food can be complicated.

orange one is small than green one and getting picked on tried to put both of them together and tried both apart still the bullying happens i don't have other chicken alone

It is normal for chickens to peck each other a bit.
But if one is injuring the other, or if one keeps hiding in a corner to try to get away from the bully, then that is a problem.

You could try dividing their space with something they can see through (like wire mesh, or cloth netting.) That way they could still see and hear each other, so they won't be lonely, but cannot bully each other. That can also help them get used to being together peacefully, so they might be able to be together again when they get older if they live next to each other for a while.

they are not eating good too,
They might need a different food. If you cannot get chick starter for them, you could try giving them some worms or bugs or meat or fish. Those are things I do not notice in your list of foods, and chickens often like them. They are also a good source of protein, which is important for growing chicks.

Or it might just be normal variation.
Chicks eat more food at some times than others, depending on how fast they are growing.

Those chicks have been dyed and mistreated. I wish you luck but don't have high hopes.

Chicks can be dyed without it hurting them.
Being put in a bag and thrown away was not good for them, but if they have been fine for two months since then, it clearly did not do too much harm.
I think they should be fine, if they continue to get good care.

Buy them chick starter or flock raiser for chicken from Tractor Supply Co What your feeding them is not healthy enough.

Chick starter is easy to buy at Tractor Supply Company in the USA. But if the original poster is in a different country, they will have to find a different store. Dyed chicks are more common in some countries than others-- I am guessing they are not in the US.

orange one is small than green one

I think the green one is a male, and I am not sure about the orange one.
I cannot tell whether they are the same breed as each other, or not.
Males usually grow faster than females, and some breeds grow faster than others, so those are two possible reasons for the green one to be bigger.

Last edited:
Oh and the cardboard box as a brooder is fine as long you you have a heat source for them. I use them all the time as brooders.
there names are walter and jesse, they are more like pets for me but big one is constantly picking on small one and small one provokes the big one when i hold him i dont know how to stop them

Do you have bullying or pecking order problems? Bullying is removing feathers and drawing blood. Pecking order is just taps on the head or back making the less bird move back.

How big is the box you are keeping them in? Lack of enough space could be the issue. But the main worry right now is lack of food.
i guess pecking order but they roam all over my house except my bedroom. but small one got all his feathers nears eyes shed and not growing back he is active but its like stockholm syndrome with him

There are only a few vaccines for chickens, and they usually have to be given right after the chicks hatch. So not having them vaccinated is not a big deal--that's how most chickens are raised, and they do just fine.

Some chickens do have naturally blue skin.

On some chickens with light skin but dark feathers, the skin can look a bit blue when the feathers are just starting to grow.

And of course the dye could have changed the skin color, too.

I cannot tell whether any of these applies to your chickens, or whether they have an actual problem, so I would just go by whether they seem otherwise healthy.

Sometimes chickens spread their wings, open their beaks, and breathe extra fast when they are hot. I cannot tell if this is what you are describing or not.

That is good!

Have the injuries healed? Small injuries on chickens usually heal just fine, but of course not always.

Then the cardboard box is your brooder. A brooder is just a place to raise chicks-- safe, and the right temperature. At first, baby chicks need about 95 degree fahrenheit (35 degrees celsius). Most people have to use a heat source to keep chicks warm enough, but in some climates the air temperature is so warm the chicks do fine. As the chicks get older and bigger, and grow more feathers, they can do fine at lower temperatures.

You can often tell if the temperature is right by watching the chicks: cold chicks will tend to huddle together and peep, comfortable chicks are happy, hot chicks spread their wings and pant.

It looks like your chicks have feathers on most of their bodies, and you say you have had them for almost 2 months, so I am guessing they do not need any extra heat at this age. But of course I could be wrong.

Are you able to buy chick starter? It is usually the easiest way to be sure chicks have all the right nutrients.

What you are feeding sounds like a good start, although I would leave out the sugar, but I cannot tell if it has enough protein and all the right vitamins and minerals-- designing a balanced chicken food can be complicated.

It is normal for chickens to peck each other a bit.
But if one is injuring the other, or if one keeps hiding in a corner to try to get away from the bully, then that is a problem.

You could try dividing their space with something they can see through (like wire mesh, or cloth netting.) That way they could still see and hear each other, so they won't be lonely, but cannot bully each other. That can also help them get used to being together peacefully, so they might be able to be together again when they get older if they live next to each other for a while.

They might need a different food. If you cannot get chick starter for them, you could try giving them some worms or bugs or meat or fish. Those are things I do not notice in your list of foods, and chickens often like them. They are also a good source of protein, which is important for growing chicks.

Or it might just be normal variation.
Chicks eat more food at some times than others, depending on how fast they are growing.

Chicks can be dyed without it hurting them.
Being put in a bag and thrown away was not good for them, but if they have been fine for two months since then, it clearly did not do too much harm.
I think they should be fine, if they continue to get good care.

Chick starter is easy to buy at Tractor Supply Company in the USA. But if the original poster is in a different country, they will have to find a different store. Dyed chicks are more common in some countries than others-- I am guessing they are not in the US.

I think the green one is a male, and I am not sure about orange one.
I cannot tell whether they are the same breed as each other, or not.
Males usually grow faster than females, and some breeds grow faster than others, so those are two possible reasons for the green one to be bigger.
thanks bro got almost of all my questions sorted out thanks for your time this pecking order is the only thing to solve now

big one is constantly picking on small one and small one provokes the big one when i hold him i dont know how to stop them
i guess pecking order but they roam all over my house except my bedroom. but small one got all his feathers nears eyes shed and not growing back he is active but its like stockholm syndrome with him

It sounds to me like normal chick behavior.

Different kinds of baby animals play in different ways-- puppies bite each other and growl, kittens hunt and pounce and bite, chicks peck and ruffle their feathers and jump at each other. It can be like a baby version of a cockfight, but as long as they do not get hurt, it is not a problem. I've seen some chicks that would "fight" frequently, all day long, but each time it only lasted a few seconds and then they did other things (eating, dust bathing, exploring, and so forth.)

Reasons to worry:
--if one is noticeably bleeding
--if one runs away, but the other chases it and keeps chasing it
--if one hides in a corner and is afraid to come out
--if one cannot eat or drink because the other chases it away

If none of those are happening, it should be fine to just let them do what they are doing.

Sometimes the biggest chicken ends up at the top of the pecking order, but sometimes the littler one is more determined and ends up as the boss! But they will probably not have the pecking order really settled until they are quite a bit older.

Back
Top Bottom