Chicken sneezing and coughing ?

6 months 3 days ago she’s active

Is she already with the rest of the flock? She may have picked up a respiratory illness/cold due to the stress of a new home. If that is the case the other birds could get it too.

Might want to separate her so they can't catch it. Keep her calm and comfy and make sure she eats well, make her treats of egg/rice etc... and plenty of fluids. If she is active then she is probably fine and would enjoy outside time so I wouldn't confine her indoors.

Also where did she come from? If you saw her previous home did the birds seem healthy/happy?

Others may have more suggestions along with some scary possibilities. :)

Is she already with the rest of the flock? She may have picked up a respiratory illness/cold due to the stress of a new home. If that is the case the other birds could get it too.

Might want to separate her so they can't catch it. Keep her calm and comfy and make sure she eats well, make her treats of egg/rice etc... and plenty of fluids. If she is active then she is probably fine and would enjoy outside time so I wouldn't confine her indoors.

Also where did she come from? If you saw her previous home did the birds seem healthy/happy?

Others may have more suggestions along with some scary possibilities. :)
She’s been with my flock since I got her unfortunately. The other birds seemed fine her sister isn’t sneezing or coughing.

She’s been with my flock since I got her unfortunately. The other birds seemed fine her sister isn’t sneezing or coughing.

Just keep an eye on her and make sure she is eating/drinking enough. If in doubt pull her aside where the others can't see and feed her something extra good.

This could also be MG ( Mycoplasma gallisepticum). If that is the case I believe the bird will always have it with occasional flare ups often triggered by stress. More on that here: https://thepoultrysite.com/disease-...tion-m-g-chronic-respiratory-disease-chickens

But hopefully it is just a cold and will remedy itself, or if it is MG it was triggered by the stress of moving and the flare up will go away once she is more comfortable.

Back
Top Bottom