Chicken sneezing

jprice2ndlt

Songster
10 Years
Apr 3, 2009
Hodges, S.C.
Is it normal for chicken to sneeze every now and then or do i need to sddress a problem?
idunno.gif

I think everyone is going to ask more questions in order to give an answer
is the chicken eating
does it look well
any discharge
any smell
hopefully a more knowing person will answer

he is well eats good no discharge no smell just seems to sneeze evry now and then one of the hens does it too its the hen that stays with him all the time.

In the absence of other symptoms, I wouldn't worry too much about it. They can react to many environmental things. Heck, I have one hen that has a sneezing fit when she eats her scratch too fast to prevent others from getting it.

Sneezing is a bodies natural response and can happen for a variety of reasons. Dust, mold, colds, etc. If everything seems fine, the chicken is acting perfectly normal and is active, eating, drinking, alert, clear eyes, no discharge or abnormal smells, I would think they are just sneezing from something perhaps environmental such as dust. Probably nothing to worry about. A couple of my chicks will sneeze every once in a while when they are in for the night. But pretty much not at all when outside unless something tickles their face and causes them to sneeze.

yep...I had several that did that when they switched from the house to the garage and then to the coop. Just stuff bothering their noses. I have one that does it now for attention...I have had the vet check her twice now and she is fine until you ignore her and then she starts sneezing.
lol.png

I'm so glad you asked this question, getawin.
smile.png

I have a chick about 6wks old that sneezes a lot, but looks healthy, eats well, but i don't know if s/he smells. Yesterday i saw another starting to sneeze, too.

But I was told to get antibotics to add to the water for a few days. So, i started that.

I read in a book, that it could be due to stress, not enough ventalation, or over crowding.

IDK... i'm pretty new here, but I have been reading and reading EVERYTHING...
Melinda

Back
Top Bottom