Chicken suddenly acting odd....

Human B complex is very good for a vitamin boost. It is not B12, but it has all B vitamins. It sounds like her crop is fine, since it empties overnight. She could have her regular food.

UPDATE on Daisy:
I later noticed a very slight limp. I kept giving her 1/2 baby aspirin, 2ml NutriDrench, some b12 (I still need to grab the B Complex), and have been keeping a close eye on her. Can't seem to find a reason why she would limp: no BF or other injuries. It's possible she got a bruise from jumping off a roost. I had thought that I had noticed a slight limp a week prior but it was so hard to tell and she was acting totally normal otherwise.

This morning, her crop for the 2nd morning in a row feels full and doughy and her limp is more pronounced. I gave her some mineral oil to massage her crop, 1 baby aspirin, 1/3 monistat suppository, 2ml NutriDrench, and then had her sit in a warm epsom salt bath for about 15 mins. She is still lethargic, doesn't make any noise when I move her injured leg around. She can stand on it but she definitely puts more weight on the other leg. Yesterday she seemed alert and was taking treats, did eat a little bit, and drank some water. I have yet been able to get her to drink water this morning and I will be keeping food from her for 24 hours in case it's a crop issue.

I'm at a loss. Considering keeping her in a kennel inside for the weekend at least to observe her and hopefully see if that quiet helps with her leg. Ultimately, her behavior is the same but now seems disinterested in water.

Thank you for any and all suggestions.

Back
Top Bottom