Chicken suddenly cant walk

Think poop hard to see in pic but white and watery, stinks. Today I gave her crumbles, she pecked at a strawberry. It's dreary today, rainy on and off. I put her on carport. I had to stand her up. She actually took few steps and started pecking outside of carport within 15 minutes jotting around little bit.. She's in chicken tractor now. Gets where unbalanced, I help, then semi ok. I keep checking about egg bound because afraid I've missed something. I'll get solution and new worming med. Now, I did have diadimaceous earth for dust bath about week ago, for them. Could that of done something?

Think poop hard to see in pic but white and watery, stinks. Today I gave her crumbles,, scrambled egg and she pecked at a strawberry. It's dreary today, rainy on and off. I put her on the carport. I had to stand her up. She actually took few steps and started pecking outside of carport within 15 minutes jotting around little bit.. She's in chicken tractor now. Gets where unbalanced, I help her stand, then shes semi ok. I keep checking about egg bound because afraid I've missed something. I'll get solution and new worming med. I did have diadimaceous earth for dust bath about week ago, for them. Could that of done something?

DE can irritate the eyes and breathing, but I doubt that would be the cause of her illness. Have you checked for any lice or mites on her, including at night?

DE can irritate the eyes and breathing, but I doubt that would be the cause of her illness. Have you checked for any lice or mites on her, including at night?
I don't see anything. Can that cause her to stop walking? Until this morning she was still eating well. I've given her 2 Epson salt soaks now just in case egg bound. But I don't really feel anything.
This morning she just keeps falling asleep. I mixed a little calcium with warm honey water in a syringe. She pecked little bit of food after, not nearly enough. Seems to be on downward spiral. I keep going through YouTube. Videos and such. Seems legs effected when egg bound that's why I'm trying soaks, calcium. :( idk.

Some reproductive disorders and Mareks disease can cause them to have trouble walking. Does she stand or move her legs? Can you insert a clean finger into her vent to check for an egg or obstruction? Many times we don’t know what is wrong until after death when a necropsy can be done to look at the abdominal organs. We can only give supportive care and help them eat and drink.

She could stand and walk tiny bit until yesterday but once she sat down needed help to stand again. Today she can be on her feet in a squat for maybe a minute and she's back down. She's actually trying clean herself right now and perked up. Best all day. Mostly she's sleeping today. I'll see if some gloves and feel for egg. I don't feel anything from outside. Thank you.

I feed chicken crumbles mixed with some chicken scratch. Afternoons I'll also have scraps from cooking ( egg shells. Vegetables, often throw oats in there too, lately few strawberries from garden is added.) I'll let them free range when I can sit and watch them) I also will let 2 to 3 go in chicken tractor and move em around. Other wise. Fenced in area with cover shade.
cooked scrambled eggs?? like in a pan cook them?

With her tail down hunched up posture, she just looks like a sick hen. She may not be laying, but you could separate her for a couple of days in a dog crate with food and water to make sure. Cut out the scratch. Try just feeding her chicken crumbles and maybe a small amount of scrambled egg daily. Do you have any Poultry NutriDrench or Poultry Cell to give her 2 ml daily as a boost? Check again for a stuck egg. She could have a reproductive disorder such as internal laying or infection. It is always hard to know. When I lose one, I like to do a brief necropsy to have a look at the abdominal organs. Do you worm your chickens? Poop pictures sometimes can be helpful.
cooked scrambled eggs? like in a pan cooked??

Back
Top Bottom