chicken survived dog attack

Patt12345

Hatching
Sep 15, 2021
hi my hen is about 3 or 4 years old and got attacked by a dog. The first 2 or 3 days she wouldn't walk, wouldn't open her eyes, had her head down all the way to the floor, and I thought she wasn't going to make it. We got her inside and we were giving her electrolytes and spoon feeding her some of her food mushed up with water. She's been feeling better because now she can lift her head all the way up and starts to walk a little bit. She was drinking and eating on her own but today she didn't want to eat or drink and she wasn't walking like when she first got attacked. At night she also opens her beak wide and keeps shaking her head and scratching. What do I do I don't want her to die and she was feeling fine I don't know what it could be someone help please :( she sometimes also makes noises almost like gasping for air so I don't know what it could be. When she breathes I don't hear any rattling noise. She's twitching too

I'm thinking maybe its her adjusting her crop or maybe a respiratory thing or something with her crop. When she eats her crop is not that full but its hard and I don't hear any weird noises when she breathes. Maybe its just something in her throat? I've never seen her do this even before the attack.

Back
Top Bottom