CHICKEN SWAPS OF NH SWAP LISTINGS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking for some resources for "rehoming" / "donating" / "butchering" roos ...

I've started a little discussion under flock management ...

What have others been able to do with excess roos ?

The predicament I'm in is - I'm queasy (as in blood makes me pass out - it's something I've been trying to work on for years as my dream was always to become a vet, but even the sight of needles & drawing blood makes me light headed).

so I cannot process the birds myself... On top of that ... they're Silkies and D'uccles (really not worth much for food - and I probably couldn't stomach to eat them myself anyway)...

I've tried CL to no avail ... the most important thing to me is that they're treated humanely ! ...

any suggestions / recommendations? ?

Quote:
Bummer. I feel the same as U... couldn't do it. I thinks someone on here was having someone come & do hers. She gave away many Roo's on Sat. I did take 1 myself.. I wish I knew of some peeps that wanted a Roo. Sorry, I do not...

Have you tried one of the SPCA animal shelters? I know in Methuen, Mass. there's one that takes and re-homes farm animals (Nevins Farm), and maybe you could try there even though it's in Mass. Or maybe there's some animal petting zoos or such near you that would love silkies.

wee.gif
Ok I have 2 tell E1
caf.gif
I just meet with Jen S. Sat. & I bought her Buff laced Polish hen, Buffy. She's a honey. Captain Hook ( my crooked Roo ) & Etta just love her, I put Buffy in with them last nite. 2day I let her out of her enclosure & she fit right in with all the others ,my BO Nutmeg, is making over her, just loves her.
Thank U Jen 4 letting me buy Buffy. We can all settle down now 4 the winter ahead.

April. Captain Hook is doing great, a couple of my Roo's had a match with him, but he stood his ground & stared 'em down. LOL I stayed right there to make sure nothing got beyond what it did. He has not crowed yet. Etta stays right by his side. They went in the big coop this morn, check'n it out.

Thank 2 E1 that I bought/ got my chicks from I love them all . Beautiful healthy birds
celebrate.gif
love.gif

Jen and I still have some Serama pairs for sale, both hard feathered and silkied.

Most are type A to small B. All chicks come from our flock of A's and small B's. All chicks are thriving and healthy.

Chicks range from 4-8 weeks old. Many different colors.

PM or email if interested
smile.png

Hope everyone is doing well
wink.png
I miss the swaps already
sad.png

I need some help!!! My broody hen hatched out some eggs the very beginning of this summer and we ended up with almost ALL roosters. Everything has been ok until today, I have three silkie roosters that are pretty much trying to kill each other. They went from being best buds, sleeping, eating and doing everything together to fighting like crazy. Right now I have one in my house (really beat up
sad.png
poor guy) one locked up in a coop, and the third one is on the pen with everyone else. I don't really have the means to seperate them ... Is there anyone that would be willing to take one or two from me??? They are gorgeous silkies. Two of them are Splash, and one is Blue. I was hanging onto them cause we really were not too sure if they were hen's or roosters yet since they're so hard to sex! It seems like it's only one of them that's really starting all the fighting, the other two are just trying to stick up for themselves. I'm still not 100% sure that the blue is a rooster, but I don't know why else they'd be fighting so much. They aren't fighting with my little serama/oegb roo either. It's strange. If anyone could help me out I'd really appreciate it ... I just need these guys seperated before someone really gets hurt
sad.png
Let me know if you'd like to see some pictures.

Chickie'sMoma :

post pics and someone on here may be able to tell you roo or hen sometimes! do you see streamers in the poof on the head at all?

that is a great idea
frow.gif

Well, they all started crowing! I've officially got three silkie roosters. Great! I really need to find homes for them. I've got nowhere to put all three and they keep fighting. I've got one in my house, and now that he's crowing it's really not working out. Anyone want one, or all of them???? PLEASE?! I'll pay you to come take them
hmm.png

Well here goes: Already missing the swaps so I'll list some chicks on here. We have 3, blue laced red wyandottes that are 4 weeks old today. They are looking for a new home. We will have some ameraucanas soon,they have been in the incubator about a week. Can't wait to hear them barking. Can travel some.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom