Chicken Taught Life Lessons

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Rebel Soldier, Sep 25, 2012.

1. Rebel Soldier

Rebel Soldier Out Of The Brooder

Aug 18, 2012
    Ever since I heard a sermon taught about how christians could learn a few things from Gamecocks, {I was 8 yrs old} I have tried to observe, learn and apply "chicken lessons" to my own life. Last nite, a neighbor contacted me because she wanted to give her chickens away and knew I would provide them with a good home. She brought 2 RIR hens, 2 Black Marans,3 white leghorns, and a bantam rooster I had given her.{He was a rescue.Raised for 2 yrs in a small pet carrier.} I was glad to accept them and put them on my sons yard, where I all ready had a White Kelso Gamecock and a spangle hen and a blue hen. I spent the night to see how things would work out this morning. After a brief scuffle the bantam went his separate way and the Kelso went to introduce himself to his new girlfriends. The game hens were upset with this and hung out with the bantam. As the morning wore on,One RIR hen took a real liking to the Kelso, but the other hens keep to themselves and the bantam poured on the charm with his new friends. The Kelso would worry himself to death every time the bantam would crow. He would launch his "Search and Destroy" mission trying to hunt up the offender.What lessons can we learn this morning?
    1]I can hear my Pop saying,"Boy , some people spend so much time chasing trouble that they cant see the blessings around them. Enjoy what you have while you have it.
    2] If you dont take care of your mate, someone else will.
    3] Charm will get you farther than brute strength with the ladies.
    Can you find any other lessons?

2. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

I really like that! Very eye opening. [​IMG] thanks for sharing.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by