Chicken Tazer

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by The Kibble Goddess, Mar 8, 2012.

1. The Kibble Goddess

The Kibble Goddess Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2009
    Sylvania, Ga
    Just today I told my husband I've had it with our Rooster. He was supposed to be a she, but hubby said to keep him 'cause he likes the crowing. He's a grey silky and my girls are a Wyanadotte, 2 EEs, a BO, Light Brahma, & a Barred Rock. He breeds them like crazy & I was hoping SOMEONE would go broody and I'd get some replacement chicks. But he's gone from the occasional run at me to stalking me. He's only a Banty & I wear jeans so the floggings hurt but don't do any real damage. I've tried holding him, yelling, a good kick and now I carry a stick and keep my eyes peeled. Hubs just cracked me up at dinner when he suggested a Tazer. When we envisioned instant fried chicken, we went to a low-voltage tazer, we don't want to blow the feathers off! So for all you tinkers out there, I think there's a market for a Chicken Tazer if anyone can put one together!

2. nickie

nickie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2011
    north central KY
    I don't think you'll have much luck with someone putting one together for you, a lot of people around here use the low and slow cure for that behavior. Crock pot style.

3. bobbi-j

bobbi-j Chicken Obsessed

Mar 15, 2010
    On the MN prairie.
    x2

4. chickathon

chickathon Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2011
    West Virginia
    If you have the time or the want to why not stalk him for a change. Really stalk him. Make his life a living you know what. Maybe after about two days you would see some results. I am lucky I have a gentleman for a roo. If your interested in keeping him it worth a try. If it doesn't matter. I agree with the others low and slow. Probably would make some good dumplings.

5. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    I agree with chickathon. Turn the tables on him. You become the aggressor. Convince him that you are bigger, quicker, meaner, and more persistent than he is. I am betting that you will win. He's just a little foo foo silky. [​IMG]

6. jeepguy982001

jeepguy982001 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 4, 2011
    athens, wv
    lol funny thing is yesterday i was looking at poultry stuff on tsc website and in the middle of the pictures there was i tazer [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by