chicken toys ??

My chickens have a large yard that is fenced in on the sides and top since I have lots of hawks. Of coarse all of the vegetation is dead in the yard where they play, but....i will take a shovel and dig holes for them or a hoe and dig a trench. They enjoy investigating the area. Also you can move pieces of wood or rocks that are in the yard for them to search under.

I have a feather-picker, and I'm trying to come up with some long-lasting toys to occupy her. She even drew blood to one of my chickens, and she keeps on pulling out the new feather shafts that pop up!
he.gif
barnie.gif

My dad doesn't want a cabbage head in the coop because it makes the eggs taste funny, and I've already tried a mirror (They did NOTHING with it).

They're in a coop, and I can only let them outside after school. PLEASE HELP!

I just thought of this but,stores like Petco or Petland sells live crickets for lizards and frogs and things like that.You could buy crickets and let them hop around the chicken pen.....we all no how are chickens LOVE bugs,and bugs aren't around in the winter and chickens just LOVE them.Im gonna buy crickets andd other things.Good luck
wee.gif

What a fun thread!!!!

Are there any things that hens can have that CHICKS should not???

Also, a comment about dog bones. While these are fine for chickens apparently, PLEASE don't give cooked bones, ESP. Pork and poultry bones, to dogs! Dogs can easily splinter the bones which can rip open their insides:-( Raw bones are fine, as long as you don't have really strong chewers, who might crack a molar (I know this from experience!)

I have a bungy hanging from a tree and I hook the lettuce head on it I have never had any problems with them getting cought up in it

Question: I was going to tie up and apple for the girls. Do they have to be a certain age? The girls are three months old ( buff orpington). Thanks!

I am having a HORRIBLE time with feather-picking....the poor things are eating all the feather off their tails and butts. It is dead of winter here, so no logs or sod or weeds to pull (too much snow) and I know the girls are bored. Some great ideas here, but will their feathers grow back if can keep them entertained?

Back
Top Bottom