chicken tractor

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by keetsms, Jun 16, 2009.

1. keetsms

keetsms In the Brooder

Jun 13, 2009
    Dry Ridge, KY
    Does anyone have plans for a large size chicken tractor? I need one for about eight hens.

Thanks,

Mike:D

2. SimplyForties

SimplyForties Songster

May 4, 2009
    Carroll County, Va
    You might try the library. I was surprised to find a book on coop building, with lots of plans, in our little local library.

3. WestKnollAmy

WestKnollAmy The Crazy Chicken Lady

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    I just looked at lots of photos on here and the Internet and designed what I wanted. Different things work for different people and locations.
    Look through some posts or do a search for tractors. You will find a lot on here.
    Check out my BYC page and the M*A*S*H page I have.

4. Uzuri

Uzuri Songster

Mar 25, 2009
    I don't have plans, exactly, but I will let you know that after three months of agonizing, doodling, and going broke on graph paper*, I choose to do my tractor-for-seven as a two-parter (coop on 4 wheels; lightweight attachable run). Just about anything else either weighed too much, or didn't have enough room for them all [​IMG]

*Seriously, some of the sketches I did would put Da Vinci to shame [​IMG] But all of them were impractical in some way.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: