chicken tractors

Quote:
i think it is like 5ft wide and 6ft deep,i don't use plans just build with what scrap i have left over from something else.but i did get the idea from the brits penthouse. i just didn't like how they make the bottom alittle wider at the base,it makes it awkward to build and move.so did ours more square. will

thanx will,

i prefer square and plumb as well. here at the "broke-down palace" we use every scrap and crunb we can.
wink.png

cheers

doc

Quote:
I don't have any pictures of the inside right now.I use this coop for different things,so nothing inside is fixed.The back has two big doors that open it completely up for cleaning,my wheelbarrow fits just under it.The nestbox is just a wooden box,the roosts are just 2x4s screwed to a couple 1x10s standing on edge with pine shavings underneath to dry up the manure.I move these around depending on what I'm using it for.It's perfect for winterhousing for a few birds, a place to put a broody hen,or a sick or injured chicken.I always thought it would be good for a breeding pen for a trio.
Depending on what I'm using it for at the time,I sometimes wish I would have put the pop hole door off to one side instead of the middle.Build a few and you'll come up with something better each time. will

Back
Top Bottom