Chicken Tunnel

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Alpha Chick, Nov 15, 2010.

1. Alpha Chick

Alpha Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2010
    St Pete, FL
    Several months ago I saw a Coop and Run with a chicken wire tunnel between the two. I can't find that picture now and was hoping someone knows what I am talking about and can point me in the right direction. We are just about finished with our coop and run and are putting in a tunnel between the two and hoped to be able to see how others have done this.

Thank you for your help.

2. kcsunshine

kcsunshine Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 3, 2009
    Maryville, Tennessee
    Here's mine. The wire is stapled to a wood bottom frame. The tunnels are built in sections so I can pick up and move and set up different configurations to get the chicks to their tractor. And, yes, I've been told it's not predator-proof, but I haven't had a problem yet. Mine press up against their run when they see me moving it about and can't wait to take off through their "tunnels".

[​IMG]

3. Cluckn Crazy

Cluckn Crazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2010
    Peterborough, Ontario
    Heres my tunnel. We comprimised, as I wanted the coop to have a window but Dh didn't want to cut a new window in the shed. The tunnel works great - but the chickens use it much more then we expected (like 80% of their day) and it is now full of chicken poop. The next week or two we are going to make some adjustments. We will add a lid for easier cleaning, and a 2x4 edge to keep debris away from the hardware cloth. Gook luck!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

4. LaurelRidgeDreams

LaurelRidgeDreams Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2010
    Mountains of NC
    Here's ours.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. RIBill

RIBill Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2010
    No photo, but mine is just left over 1x2 wire fence bent into a top an sides. One side is stapled to the coop and the other end is wired to the run. Under/behind the ramp is hardware cloth to keep them from escaping under the coop.

6. hongyush2008

hongyush2008 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 30, 2010
    shenzhen
    Quote:Nice share, I like this one more, very clean and beautiful..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by