Chicken unable to walk, yellowy-green runny poo, panting

etmmclachlan

Hatching
5 Years
Jan 30, 2014
BC, Canada
Found my young hen laying on her side in the dirt today. She is unable to control one leg whatsoever, but does have control over the the other one. She can't walk and can only lay on her side. Vent was covered in yellowy green poop. She is now panting, but still seems to have an appetite. Is it possibly a riboflavin deficiency? I've been feeding her yogurt because of the suspicion. Any advice or help would very very welcome.

I have a Buff Orp that just started this also. She eats a little and drinks, but will not roost or walk straight up. She huddles close to the ground and will not spread her wings. Very lethargic. I am so very worried. We just lost 2 to a stray cat the day she started this. Brought them all inside until we can repair run. I thought at first that it was stress or shock. Now i am worried she is dying. She is isolated from the other 3. I am hoping we can both figure this out and our girls will get better.
sad.png

I would do some research on Mareks disease. The Mareks Fac from BYC by Nambroth is very detailed about most aspects of the disease. I can't post links at this time.

Back
Top Bottom