chicken with a chesty

araceli

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jul 8, 2011
For crying out loud. I've about had it with all the bad luck lately. One dissapeared 3 weeks ago. A fox is the main suspect. One died in my hands a week ago by what looked like an impacted crop. And now we have the sister of the one who disappeared with a rattling sound in her breathing. It's seemed like an on and off thing but I guess it's time to call it chronic. In searching I found an illness called mycoplasma which sounds like a big problem. A friend who has chickens told me to try some sulfer tablets in water. I hope this works. I love my chickens too much, and have had it with the heartache, which I know is to be expected sometimes but good grief enough is enough. Anything of help in feedback, as always, is much appreciated.

I suppose that your already have her quarantined, but if you don't put her in a place away from everyone else. Especially if you suspect CDT, because I heard that it travels very quickly. A high protein mash might not be bad (something like scrambled eggs with ham).

I am sorry to hear that you have been having such a hard time lately.
sad.png

so her nostrils are swollens in that area. She seems vibrant, happy, eating well, laying daily. She is an americana. any idea what. And the unusual breathing is only sometimes. It actually sounds better today but her little swollen nostrils concern me.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom