Chicken with bald spot on top of head

Jose11632

Songster
Sep 7, 2020
Houston, Texas
Chicken has a bald spot on top of her eye also have a chick completely separate but they fight with their fellow chicks but my chicken lives with 3 other hens and she’s the top hen she does he pecking no one pecks her and it looks like it’s growing by the day but not my much but there is also some little strands growing there what could it be? Also I have some hens that their feathers aren’t growing from the top of their head behind the comb but it’s from the rooster we separated from them since 2 months since he pulled hard on their head feathers but now their bald spots are growing from the sides and top? It’s only in the head not the butt nor their back only near their. Help would be greatly appreciated. I’ll post pics later right now I’m getting my COVID vaccine

Can you search her feathers for bugs and parasites? Mites, lice, and fleas might be a problem. Best of luck.
I dusted them recently with gardstar along with their coop. Is it needed to dust their neck and belly? I usually only dust under wings, back and butt and I cover their face with a cloth so it doesn’t get on their respiratory system

I dusted them recently with gardstar along with their coop. Is it needed to dust their neck and belly? I usually only dust under wings, back and butt and I cover their face with a cloth so it doesn’t get on their respiratory system
I'm not too knowledgeable on dust. It would be good for you to check her skin when you're at home to make sure.

What do you think might be better spray or dust? I’m planning on going to tsc to restock on my chicken needs soon, and where should I check for mites?
I don't know. If you can, check your chicken before buying. Depends on the price.
You should check the vent, fluff (the puffy underside), and under the wings. You should also look around the neck area.

Back
Top Bottom