chicken with bumblefoot? now breathing heavy

well her foot is more or less the same I got some nutri drench down her but I think it must have gone down wrong as she was fighting me on it and now shes breathing really weird. her color is fine shes sitting up but in trying to get her better it looks like I made it atleast temporarily worse ><. doing nothing wasn't working either though shes starting to lose weight. not alot but...obviously can't let that continue either. is there anything I can do to help her thru my goofup? :oops:

well she pretty much stopped making that noise thank goodness...her comb is still a lovely shade of red and no discharge. I took pictures of both feet the closer up one is the foot thats swollen although not as much. I must have done some good because when I got her back to the coop she tried to stand on it properly for the first time. she also was eating a bit. shes not breathing nearly as heavy as she was so hopefully this is finally some forward progress

Attachments

• IMG_7148.jpeg
    IMG_7148.jpeg
    482.4 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_7150.jpeg
    IMG_7150.jpeg
    292.9 KB · Views: 2
It’s a little hard to see in those pictures. I’m glad she’s doing better!

You have to be really careful when administering liquids straight to the mouth. If they breathe it in by accident it can kill them. The oesophagus is under the tongue on the bird’s RHS and the trachea is directly center at the back of the tongue.

Back
Top Bottom