Chicken with dark comb and waddles

FriDoesFFA

Chirping
Jul 30, 2022
Hey y’all so my chicken is a little over 4 months old she’s a sex linked and she’s been really loud recently her comb and waddle is also this weird red and purplish color she’s the only one with that color comb is that just a sign of maturity or is she sick becuase she’s eating and pecking at me like usual
image.jpg
image.jpg

Not sure about the loud thing, but I had a pullet with that dark comb thing as well! Not sure myself either so

Yes I live in central Florida but I always have cold water available and a bunch of shady shrubs what else should I do?
I think its just pigmentation. If it was ischemic (losing blood flow) the color variation would be opposite: some red or pink at base but darker at the further parts at the end, because they woukd lose blood flow first, not last.
Shes very pretty!

Thank you very much I was really worried about her since she’s the only one that looked like that
You're welcome. She's 100% okay. Just facial skin pigmentation. Just makes her unique.

Here's my Black Sumatra rooster. Sumatras have Gypsy Face, he's only an example.
20220102_150702.jpg

Back
Top Bottom