Chicken with respiratory infection

Sorry for your loss. Why did you think it was kidney failure? You said she was paralyzed earlier and became a house chicken? It sounds like she had a respiratory disease. I would wonder also if she might have had Mareks disease, which causes decreased immunity. If you still have her body and can send it to your state vet, they could do a necropsy and testing to help find out what was wrong.

Sorry for your loss. Why did you think it was kidney failure? You said she was paralyzed earlier and became a house chicken? It sounds like she had a respiratory disease. I would wonder also if she might have had Mareks disease, which causes decreased immunity. If you still have her body and can send it to your state vet, they could do a necropsy and testing to help find out what was wrong.
Well umm I researched what a kindney failure would look like in chickens and it is like respiratory disease but their isnā€™t any discharge from the nose and sheā€™s not all snotty.She was the first one of our chickens that became paralyzed,and then we had 3 others last for about 1 month (symptoms of mereks disease).We took her to the vet multiple times and he said if it was mereks she would die as fast as the others.He also said that he thinks she went paralyze because of a rooster maybe jumping on her.she lived in our house for a year and so we wanted to bring her around the other chickens so when we did one of our girls would get sick and die with symtoms of mereks.This happened 3 times before we stopped bringing her around the other chickens.Mereks can hit chickens different ways.So we know it was mereks because of that.Mereks ends up killing the chicken from organ failures.

Back
Top Bottom