Chicken with Scratched Leg

beauh

Chirping
7 Years
Hi one of my chickens (a lot isgoing on at the farm right now) is hopping. I checked out it's leg and it is pretty much peeled like a potato..What could of happened..she is still healthy jumping around like a maniac...Please help, Boo is a favoured family pet...QWhat could of attacked her

She could have gotten stuck between something and pulled it out and scraped it or scraped it on a wire sticking out from a fence or something? Other than that, anything with teeth or claws could have grabbed her. Try cleaning it really good and coating it with neosporin without the pain reliver in it...just the plain stuff. Chickens heal up really fast!

If you think you should, you could take her to a vet. Most people don't due to cost or not being able to find a vet that will treat chickens.
I live in the U.S. so I don't know what kind of antibiotics they have in Australia.... There is something called triple antibiotic that is the equivalent to neosporin in the U.S so you might try that or finding out from a pharmacist what might work? It is just a salve you rub on that has an antibiotic in it.

Back
Top Bottom