Chicken won't eat/egg bound,peratonitis, or what help

parrotschickens

Chirping
7 Years
May 24, 2012
Montana
I have a 4 year old Easter egger hen who's usually the peskiest spoiled girl. Follows you around like a dog speeds to you when you call her right at your feet at all times. She's special! About 3 days now she won't come out of her tractor just stands with her tail down won't eat or drink that I've seen. Thought maybe egg bound soaked her once, put oil inside her as well as gave her some in a syringe. Given her liquid calcium twice, force fed her ground up crumbles because she won't eat. Felt inside he,r felt nothing, do see little bit of clear white stuff on her butt feathers. You think if it was egg bound she would've passed the egg by now. What do I look for if it's something else? What can I do next for her? She feels hot when I felt inside her she does have a little bit of a belly but I don't know if it's enough to think it's asites or something else. Help everyone!!!!!

Can you get her to a vet?

Can you post pictures of her?

Are you making sure she is getting enough water?

Vet is not an option. I just saw her drinking and ate a couple crumbles. I saw her poop a normal poop. Her tail is more up now getting back to normal I hope. She still never passed an egg if that was the problem. I'll try to get a picture soon.

Does she free range any?
If so see could be hiding an egg.
Try to make sure she is getting enough water.
Have you checked for lice and mites?

She does free range but since she's been sick she's in her own tractor. No egg hidden. No mites. I will make sure she's getting enough food and water.

Back
Top Bottom