chicken wont get up? HELP??!

ms.cluckling

Songster
9 Years
Dec 20, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
My favorite and most active hen, Dot, was fine yesterday. But this morning, we went to open the chicken coop, and she didn't jump out as she usually does. She just sat there, so we had to carry her out, and put her on the ground. she stood there a long time, then just sat down. She's now sitting in a newspaper lined box. we separated her from the rest of the chickens. Her tail is down, I'm not sure if that means anything, but her tail is always straight as an arrow.

I don't know what other information you're supposed to include but some general things--

she's an EE; about 1 and a half years old; lives with 2 other hens, a rooster, and 2 chicks whose gender is undecided.
she's never had any other problems other than being picked on by the other hens occasionally. She lives outside as a free range chicken, but at night stays in a wooden coop with the other adult chickens.

Thank you in advance!

do you think she is egg bound? is she eating or drinking try giving her some of her fav treats and see if she will eat? try givning electrolytes and apple cider vinger maybe some yogart to help build her up I wish i could be more help but im only 6 month in on my chickens good luck

Back
Top Bottom