Chicken wont use coop

I agree it's a good looking coop for 3 birds, she needs some company but the hole in the floor is most likely causing issues too.
I know she can jump that high but it seems like an unaturally steep angle to fly into a dark box so I also think a door cut out of the side with a ramp would help her get in by herself.

Does she live alone? If so she sees you as her flock and doesn't want to be alone in a coop even if it is a lovely coop. I'd get her a friend and I think she will be more agreeable to be living in there. She needs a flock of her own.
I have two chicks I'm currently brooding who should be ready to join her in about 3mo.

I agree it's a good looking coop for 3 birds, she needs some company but the hole in the floor is most likely causing issues too.
I know she can jump that high but it seems like an unaturally steep angle to fly into a dark box so I also think a door cut out of the side with a ramp would help her get in by herself.
After a week of going out every night and pushing her up the ramp and roosting Red she's finally figured it out!! She now roosts all by herself! So proud of her. I think putting the food in the coop helped her get used to going in and out (food has since be moved outside) and she's even using the nest box to lay! Shes come a long way from being a house chicken in an aquarium. Got two new EE chicks who are brooding and should be joining her in about 3mo.

Attachments

• 20210414_151250.jpg
    20210414_151250.jpg
    554.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 20210420_110040_HDR.jpg
    20210420_110040_HDR.jpg
    893.7 KB · Views: 3

@Impatient

omg impatient, I know I probably won't be able to find the same here but I love your feeder and drinkers. They look like exactly what I've been looking for.
Do you remember where you got them from?

@Impatient

omg impatient, I know I probably won't be able to find the same here but I love your feeder and drinkers. They look like exactly what I've been looking for.
Do you remember where you got them from?
Yeah I just got them and love them! They're made by Rent A Coop and I got them on Amazon. The feeder works best with crumbles vs pellets, but there's like no waste at all.

Back
Top Bottom