Chicken won't use one leg

Stanlyb

Songster
Mar 24, 2020
Ok my autumn got a plastic bag wrapped around her leg. Its not broken or out of place. Could this be a stress thing. She's losing weight but still drinking water, comb is still somewhat red. What should I do any advice welcome and she's eating.

Ok my autumn got a plastic bag wrapped around her leg. Its not broken or out of place. Could this be a stress thing. She's losing weight but still drinking water, comb is still somewhat red. What should I do any advice welcome and she's eating.
How long ago did it happen and how long do you think she had the bag on her leg?

If it was my chicken, my first thought would be to handle the stress and then watch for improvements. When a chicken is stressed it needs protein, I like to feed a can of tuna...I'd also sprinkle some cayenne pepper on top as it helps with circulation. Don't worry, chickens don't taste "hot and spicy" like we do.

How long ago did it happen and how long do you think she had the bag on her leg?

If it was my chicken, my first thought would be to handle the stress and then watch for improvements. When a chicken is stressed it needs protein, I like to feed a can of tuna...I'd also sprinkle some cayenne pepper on top as it helps with circulation. Don't worry, chickens don't taste "hot and spicy" like we do.
Ok I'll try that now thank you. It happened the other day and she had it on maybe a few hours, the leg is healthy but I found her perched away from others when I got home from work.

Back
Top Bottom