Chicken wormer...

;)Hi. Am trying to find the dosage for Ivomec (Ivermectin) for cattle and swine injectable off-label use for my flock of 50 chickens.
With my goats, we use this off label and give it orally or injected.
How much do I give each chicken and can I just administer it orally? There is no milligram to ml ratio given on the label. It just says to give 1ml/100lbs cattle or 1ml/75lbs swine. Off label use for goats is 3ml/100lbs.

Also, does anyone know the recommended withdrawal time for egg eating when using Ivermectin by chance? For cattle the residual effect is for 35 days before slaughter and swine has a witholding time period of 15 days before slaughter.

I am thinking that the dose might be something like 0.2cc and would rather give oral with a dropper or use a needle-less syringe than injecting sub-q.

Also, they are all currently be treated with Duramycin 10 for URI. Not 'all' have symptoms but it was moving from one to the next and I have been isolating the affected chicken. Before I even get that chicken out of isolation, someone else coughs.....lol.....So, I decided to just treat the whole flock. I *know that label says not for use in egg producing chickens but I believe there are not very many chickens who are not egg producing......LOL....<wink> We are just going to observe a month of not using the eggs. Maybe they will hatch them out! LOLOL

No one is showing signs of worms in droppings but since I have never dewormed them I think it better for them if I did. I really dont like their body conditioning. They need to be 'thicker'. They have a diet of laying pellets, cracked corn and veggies/fruit. They are fenced in some of the day and allowed out to free range part of the day. We have a huge problem with hawks here so have had to be careful about letting them out to free range ;^(

I guess I can go ahead and deworm them regardless of the fact that they are being treated with the antibiotic.
My vet is a farm vet and he said he does not 'do' chickens so I'm on my own LOLOL.................

They are all around age 7 mths. I've owned poultry for almost 7 yrs now but have started out with a new flock this year. I have a couple Buckeye hens and a Buckeye roo, one cucko maran
wink.png
Buff Orpinton hens and roo, RIR hens and a roo, Dominicke hens and a roo and 6 auracaunas. Roos are all housed separately except one (I rotate them).
Thank you in advance for any help! Katrinka in OH

By giving some breeds of dogs ivermectin you can kill them. Don't think it's good for all ESPECIALLY Border Collies!

I was wrong about Worminator being Flubenvet since Flubenvet isnt sold in the U.S.
Worminator IS Pyrantel Pamoate. It's been around a long time and is a very good wormer. I've used it in my chickens. It kills large roundworms, cecal worms, capillary worms and hookworms in chickens. It does not kill tapeworms.
It is also known as Nemex ll in feed stores and comes in a small bottle. There's bigger bottles also. Please pay attention to posts #36, 37 and 38 for proper dosages for each pyrantel pamoate product in the link below. Aart posted the same link above.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/does-anyone-use-worminator.587307/page-4
I've used the Pyrantel Pamoate in post #36 as well as Nemex. If I'd known about Revival AH selling it requiring a smaller dose, I wouldve used it instead. :)

Back
Top Bottom