1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

chickens and ducks ????

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by lynlyr, Mar 21, 2009.

1. lynlyr

lynlyr New Egg

Mar 1, 2009
    Montrose Colorado
    can you raise ducks with chickens. would like to and have the ducks roost in the coop at night for protection. thanks for advice.

2. Chauntecleer's Keeper

Chauntecleer's Keeper Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2009
    West Little Rock, AR
    I have read that muscovies can live with chickens, but I do not have personal experience. Hopefully someone can give you some good advice here.

3. BellLisamo

BellLisamo Diagnosed w/ Muscovitis

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    i have khaki campbells, a pekin and a cayuga living with my chickens, they all get along, but my drake did not like my rooster when it would try to mate, so i had to move him out. But up until then they were best friends

4. 92caddy

92caddy Egg Lover

May 18, 2007
    Portland, IN
    I have a pen out in the barn, where the ducks, geese, turkey, guineas and swans all go into at night. In the morning they go their own ways. The geese and ducks usually go free range, the turkeys usually hang out with the chickens, the guineas go free range and the swans, I put them in a fenced in area. I hope that was some help to ya...........

5. lynlyr

lynlyr New Egg

Mar 1, 2009
    Montrose Colorado
    thanks ed is that a terrier you are holding ? I have a chi-rat girl that is a nut. she babysits our 6 baby chicks and will notlet any other animals around them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by