Chickens and Loud Noises

SageA

Hatching
Feb 26, 2016
Hey, everyone! I am a new chicken mama. My girls are about 3 1/2 months old. The neighbor behind our home just began major construction on his residence. Our chickens went from very little noise in their environment to metal clashing, etc. Is this something they'll just get used to and be okay with. Right now, they are clucking and hiding a bit. I am probably just being a worrywart, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to reach out for some advice. Thanks for reading!

smile.png
Hey there,
They will be fine. It will take a week or so. As long as they aren't hiding in nesting area, I would assume they will adjust. I just went through it for 2 years with a subdivision being built where a growers field used to be behind me. You might notice they make different noises or hide when certain power tools are used...lol. my rooster crowed more when they used the table saw outside..lol. I let mine free range outside their coop and I threw them scratch to help them pay more attention to eating and scratching than the noise.

Ours were afraid of the lawn mower at first, now they come running because it stirs up bugs. They are also no longer fazed by the tractor, chainsaw, trucks going by, thunderstorms, etc.

Back
Top Bottom