Chicken's and snake's

lilshadow

Songster
12 Years
Jan 8, 2008
Milaca, MN
My little Aracauna(sp?) just caught a small garter snake and ate it. Is it going to hurt her? I hope not because I couldn't catch her to get it away from her.

At least its not venomous! Make sure she has access to a lot of grit. Other than that I don't know what to tell you.
idunno.gif

I was just going to post about chickens and snakes. My husabnd is furious because they kill baby snakes when they free range. He went after one of them earlier with a snake and took it away to try to save it. He delared it officially dead and came inside to look up what type black snake it was. It turned out to be a hog nosed which made it worst. This man will stop on the road and move black snakes so they don't get run over. He has picked them up and put them in the car. In a tub and brought them home. I told him maybe the chickens know that the snakes will eat their eggs or their babies and they are just clearing the place of them.

Susan

We had some friends over last night to burn some of their large trash that their trash company won't haul away and while unloading their trailer one of the boys found a garter snake and feed it to my chickens, they had a ball, lol.

Whew! Glad to hear that she will be okay, because there was no way we were going to get it from her. It was funny seeing this tiny chicken running with a long snake in her beak.

Back
Top Bottom